Thursday, June 14, 2007

Don't Look Now

But the Yankees have won 8 in a row, they're above .500 for the first time since April 20, and they've shaved 4 games off the Red Sox lead in just 10 days (they're also just 4.5 games back of Detroit for the Wild Card).

At the same time, perhaps I gave the Orioles a little too much credit when I predicted they'd have an easy time with Seattle, Colorado, and Washington before their pre-All-Star-break-schedule gets really tough. They are now guaranteed to lose all three series, and the best they can do in this 9-game cakewalk is 3-6. 10 days ago, I predicted they'd go 13-18 to close out the first half. They're 2-6 so far, meaning they'd have to go 11-12 against the Nats (one game), D'Backs, Padres, D'Backs, Yankees, Angles, White Sox, and Texas. They're going to have to pick it up really quick to flirt with .500 over that stretch.

And if you're keeping score at home, the O's need to go 53-44 (.546) the rest of the season to avoid a 10th straight losing season.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I don't have anything productive to add, I just thought I'd mention that this post makes me happy for a number of reasons.