Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's That Time Of Year Again...

We're in it.

And it's going to get worse before it gets better.

"It" is the worst time of the year to be a sports fan.

There's no football on TV this weekend.

There's only one more game left this season (and as a Baltimore Ravens fan, I can't root for the Indianapolis Colts, plus I refuse to root for the Chicago Bears because Rex Grossman has zero business playing in the biggest game of the year).

March Madness is still a month and a half away and pitchers and catchers don't report for
at least 17 days.

The good news is, every team still has a shot at the World Series, even the bad ones (remember the Detroit Tigers last year, or better yet, the worst-to-first Series of 1991?).

The next few weeks are going to be slow, but they will also afford me the opportunity to make numerous predictions which will no-doubt prove to be way off by the All-Star Break.
So with that said, I hope you enjoy MLB Baseblogg, and please, feel free to post away too!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so psyched that in addition to fantasy I will have to contend with a baseblog this year. ;O) I will start working on a plan to garner attention now. Just kidding...

I am not sure I will be able to offer much in the way of posts on this here blog but I will try my best. Perhaps after a year of reading posts from some of the most knowledgeable baseball fans out there, I'll be able to resurrect my fantasy league in 08. Watch out boys, I am here to learn.